Friday, March 9, 2012

February 7, 2012

I've gained 15 pounds since I've been here. I'm up over 150 now. So I've decided to start running every time we have gym. Hopefully I can drop below 140 again. I'm sure I will lose it once I get out in the field!
I actually have started to hate the food here. I always feel like junk, so I've stopped eating as much. I think it was just the fact that I went from not having any food at school to having as much food as I wanted here. I don't need new clothes! I actually wish the clothes I had were smaller... The pants aren't huge, but I just like them to be closer to my legs when I'm walking around.

I'm not entirely sure how much longer I'll be here; I'm hoping to leave within the next couple of weeks.

I'm so excited for Drew! I can't wait to discuss mission stuff with him! Does he know how long he'll be in the MTC yet? I heard that with this new program, the Spanish and Portuguese programs are going to be shortened to 6 weeks sometime in March, but I don't know if that's just for the Provo MTC or what point change will actually take place.

So I saw off my companion today. I'm supposed to be companions with Elder Tonga and Brown now, but I'm been with Elder Clayton almost all day because both of our companions left. Clayton's not in my district, but he was one of our zone leaders. We just watched a couple of the Polynesian elders leave, and it was really cool. All the rest of the Poly elders and sisters did the Haka and then started singing and hugging and they were all crying. The brotherhood they have in their culture is amazing.

I saw Josh Cabrera again this morning! It's cool to get to talk to him a bit about his experience and how everything is going for him.

Anyways, I'll leave this for you and I might get on a bit later with the rest of my time I haven't used and respond if you get a chance to respond to this. Good luck with the shopping!

Love you guys!

-Elder Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment