Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012

Hello family!

That sounds like a nice break from this weather... We got some rain a couple days ago, but it was still way hot and didn't really feel good. It just soaked us and got my Book of Mormon and Bible all wet. But I guess it's supposed to start cooling down here pretty soon, so we all look forward to that. I was thinking about it, and I realized I'll only really be here for one whole summer. It's weird how fast it seems time is going to pass and how little time I actually have here!

Conference was so good! But I missed cinnamon rolls! One of the elders that I live with (he actually got transfered today so he doesn't live with us anymore) suggested that we make some cinnamon rolls, but it's so hard to get all the ingredients and everything that we didn't try at all. But I loved conference! And I loved hearing the Tabernacle Choir. It was all so good!

Sounds like everything is going good with the grandparents! I can't wait to see the remodeled kitchen when I get back. Grandpa always does such a good job on all the work he does around that house that I'm sure it will look fantastic.

So this week was pretty good. We got a bit of rain, a lot more sun, met a few new people, and I still haven't gotten sunburned! Plus we got to baptize part of a family yesterday between the two sessions of conference. Two girls and the mom, and then there's still another girl and the dad that weren't baptized. Hopefully they will follow suit shortly and be baptized, too! I got to baptize the youngest daughter, who is 12, and it was a pretty great experience. In all, we had 5 baptisms yesterday in that chapel. 3 in our ward, and 2 in another. What a great day!

So we had transfers today, and turns out that, as I said earlier, one of the elders in our house got transfered (Elder Farrington). He was our district leader, but now he's going to be a zone leader somewhere else. And now my companion will be district leader while still training me. Should be an interesting transfer!

I think that's everything.. I hope you all have a great week and I love you all!]
-Elder Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment