Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013

Hello family!

Much like Elder Hopper #2, I had a very uneventful week. However, I had a cool experience on Saturday night. 

There's an Elder here named Elder Black, from Utah. He is a executive secretary right now with Elder Wilson, another good friend of mine. He plays piano incredibly well, and I thoroughly enjoy listening to him play, even when he's just messing around. On Saturday, Elder Black and Elder Wilson had a baptism in our chapel, so we had to go open it up for them and we hung around to watch it. The assistants also tagged along, and after the baptism we all stayed around talking. Then Elder Black decided to play piano, which lead to all of us singing hymns. It was really nice to be able to sing a bit in a group of people who know how to sing. After we sang a bit, Elder Black played a rendition of "If You Could Hie to Kolob" and "Come Thou Fount." I felt the spirit really strong while he was playing, and had a bit of time to just reflect. It's been a while since I've been able to do that. I realized how easy it is for us to become ungrateful for everything that we have. We have soooo many blessings that we don't even realize sometimes. We are such a blessed people! 

Well, I've got a week left. The end came fast. Next week I might email, I might not. I still haven't decided. We'll spend some time here in Piracicaba then probably take a taxi out to São Paulo to catch our flight at 11:35 PM... Gotta love red-eye flights!

I love you all! Have a great week! See you next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment