Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

Hello family and friends!

This week was not too eventful in the ways of work in our area. My companion and I ended up going to Bebedouro (another city that is part of our district), and Parque Ribeirão (another area in the district and also one of the poorest areas of the mission). It's very interesting to go from the richest area in the mission to the poorest in a matter of 20 minutes... But it just reminds me of how blessed I am back home and how many luxuries we actually have. We need to always be thankful for everything we have! Which reminds me of a talk I heard this Sunday... We had a sister in the ward get up and talk about the home. How the home should be a refuge from the world - a place where we always want to return to after being in the turbulent storms of life. And I realized how blessed I am to have a home like that! I'm so happy that I have a home that I look forward to going back to. There are so many blessings that I have that I am only realizing now that I'm on the mission.
So this week we'll have 5 baptisms. I think. It could potentially drop down to 2, but it probably won't. 2 of the people have smoking problems, and one of them got cachumba. Which is a terrible sickness that can basically turn you sterile for the rest of your life. Fun, huh? But he should be alright and we should have all 5 this week. Should be a great week and for sure I'll have pictures next week! I've kinda been slacking on that picture part... Oh well. At some point I'm sure I'll get better.

Well I don't have much news for this week, so I think that's about it. But I promise next week will be better! Hope you all have a fantastic week!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment