Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013

Hello family!

This week not too much happened, but we're seeing results. 

We marked a marriage with Carlos and Maria for the 27th of this month! And then we marked their baptism for that night! So we'll marry them then baptize them on the same day! It's going to be an awesome day!

Also on that day, we've got 3 other baptisms marked already. So on the 27th we'll have 5 baptisms! The only thing that could impede the baptisms is that Carlos smokes, and Vera (one of the other three) smokes. But they really want to be baptized and they have committed to stop smoking! It's great! I'm super happy!

I'm not sure what else to say other than I'm happy and excited to have those baptisms here in two weeks! Oh, and I don't know if I mentioned this, but Carlos and Maria are parents of a missionary who's serving in Belém right now. So he's going to be super happy when he finds out about all this. I'm so glad that I can participate in bringing so much happiness to other people here!

Also, we saw a helicopter land on top of an office building. That guy isn't rich. He just goes to work in his own private helicopter and lands on the helipad that they built specifically for him on top of a 25 story office building called "Times Square." He's not rich.

Have a great week! Love you all!

-Elder Hopper #1

No comments:

Post a Comment