Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3, 2012

Transfers!!!!

This week we had transfers, and I got sent away from Cidade Aracy. It was a pretty sad parting from our Bishop. He actually cried a little bit. I almost did. But not quite. We found out only on Saturday night that I was leaving, so it didn't really give me any time to say goodbye to anyone, but I guess that's alright. It was cool because the transfer fell right on a fast Sunday so I was able to bear my testimony one last time in that ward and tell everyone that was there that I was leaving. 

Soooo today we left São Carlos at 6:00 AM and when we got to Ribeirão Preto, I found out I was going to Araraquara! So now I'm here with my new companion, Elder Kuster! And I became senior companion this transfer. So now I get all the responsibility and if anything goes wrong, it's my fault! Yaaaay! 

The new area that I'm in is quite a bit better off than Cidade Aracy. It's not quite the favela that my last area was. But it should be good! I'm pretty excited to get to work here. We met the Bishop here already today and he seems like a really cool guy and seems really excited to work. This transfer should be a good one!

Not much really happened this week. But I was talking to Jonas and Shirley (the couple that'll get married here in a little bit) and we were talking about Jonas going through the temple. They'll be married on the 10th, which means he could be baptized on the 10th. Which means that on December 10th, 2013 he could go through the temple. And guess who will be at the Campinas temple on that exact day? I will!! So if everything goes right and we get President to approve the baptism and confirmation done on the same day, I could go through the temple with him on the last day of my mission. I just thought that would be pretty cool. We'll have to see how all that works out. Now it's all up to Elder Guerra to get them through and baptize Jonas!

Also, Sônia might be baptized this week. But I guess I won't really know about that for a while. I hope it happens! Though it might be devastating to her and Beneditos' relationship... Benedito still isn't ready and it seems that Sônia's willing to get rid of him to be able to be baptized.

Anyways, that's all for this week. Next week I'll send some pictures! I love you all!

-Elder Hopper #1



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment