Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10, 2012

One year from today, Adam will be home!!!!!!

Hellllloooo family! 

This week was my first week in my new area! It was quite enjoyable, though quite hot. Do you guys remember a few years ago when I was all impressed because it was still 80 degrees outside at 10:00 PM? Well, it's a bit different here. When I wake up at 6:00AM it's still 85 usually. And then it just gets hotter the whole day. Oh how I love the heat here! (Can you sense the sarcasm?) But really, this area is awesome. I already love being here and can tell that I will enjoy working here a lot. 

On Saturday we had a ward activity where the ward went to a Chácara. Basically it's a place that you rent out that generally has a place for a barbecue, a soccer field, and a pool. Then there's just an area to sit and talk to people. Sadly, we could not go in the pool. Or play soccer. So we brought a couple of investigators and while they were out having fun, we talked with members of the ward and got to know them a little bit better. But our investigators liked it!

This week we should have two baptisms. One is a kid named Felipe, who is 14 and has been going to church for a while. His mom is already a member, but his dad isn't. He's actually a member of the Congregation of Brasil. And is very against his son getting baptized. Good thing he doesn't live here! So the first day I got here, we went and talked to Felipe and he finally accepted a date for baptism. It's interesting how some people are just waiting for the right person to come along and say something. Felipe had been taught by the missionaries for a couple months already, but never wanted to accept a baptism date. First day I get here, bam! He accepts. We all have people waiting for us specifically! The other baptism will be a girl named Bruna who is 8. She's the little sister of a young man who's visiting people with us on a regular basis now. So we should have two good baptisms this week! The first two of my new companion! He's only been on the mission for one transfer, so he's still pretty new altogether.

Only one other thing really happened this week. We got a call from the second counselor in the ward this morning saying that the old stake president, who is in our ward, died on his way home from an indexing training that he gave last night. He was driving late at night and got in an accident. His wife was with him, but she is doing well. She's in the hospital today, but it seems like she wasn't hurt too bad. Pray for her and her family! They'll need all the prayers they can get.

That's about all that happened this week. I love you all! Have a good week and enjoy the pictures!

This first picture is Anderson. Who will be my roommate at BYU-I when I get back.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The second is Jonas and Shirley the day I left Cidade Aracy.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The third Is me and Elder Kuster,
 
 
and so is the fourth.





















Some apostasy that's going on across the street from our church.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-Elder Hopper #1

No comments:

Post a Comment