Monday, December 24, 2012

December 24, 2012


Merrrrryy Christmas Eve everyone!

This is definitely the weirdest Christmas I ever had, and will ever have, seeing as it's the only Christmas I'll spend on the mission. It's hot! And humid! And weird! And they don't decorate nearly as much in this town as they do back home. It's a rare sight to see a Christmas tree or Christmas lights, or things like that. And it's hot. Really hot. I successfully found the upper limit of the thermometer on my clock that Mom gave me. It's 122 degrees. And it was hotter than that. Yaaaay!!!

This week was terribly difficult for the work here in Araraquara. But let's start off with Tuesday. We had the mission Christmas conference. Which was alright. We had a training from President Prieto, and the secretaries, and all that junk. We had a talent show thing as well, but it was rather disappointing. Really nothing to write home about. But I got to see my old companions and talk about our old areas and all that jazz. So that was fun. 

After that, we got home and a new missionary joined us in our house. Elder Santos was living with us, but he went home. Now we have Elder Schleider. He actually already served in this area, but is now returning. He's from somewhere here in Brasil, and he's got a year and 7 months on the mission or something like that. It's good to have him here and he seems like a pretty cool guy.

I have been very much enjoying the presents for Christmas! And thanks, Fields family, for the ties and everyone else who sent little cards and helped out! It's very much appreciated and it keeps me happy. Only one more to open up tomorrow! I think I'll wait until the Google+ call to open in so it can be almost like a normal Christmas!
Christmas Jammies!
 

Well, that's all I got for this week. Hopefully in the next couple of days we'll have a baptism, but nothing confirmed yet. Fingers crossed and many prayers! Hope you all have a great Christmas! I'll talk to some of you tomorrow!

Love you all!

-Elder Hopper #1

No comments:

Post a Comment