Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012

Hello Family!
Looks like you guys had a fun week, with injuries and all! I've actually been thinking a lot about Grandma and Grandpa (on both sides), and it would be really nice to hear from them. Could you give me their email addresses so I can send them an email next week? 

This week was pretty good. We had two baptisms out of the originally planned 3. The third decided to drink and smoke a ton this week, and when we went to his house to do the baptismal interview, he was drunk. Sooooo he will have to wait a bit longer. But with time he will come around to his senses.

Not much really happened this week... More lessons and things like that, and more of the usual missionary working. But, along with a lot of walking comes some things that aren't so good sometimes. I've been having a lot of pain in my left foot this week, and it feels like the tendon is not happy. But I've been taking ibuprofen and I have icy-hot patch type things, so it's all good. 

Annie - One thing that helps a lot of the people here that I've been talking to that smoke or something like that, is reading the book of Mormon. Just one chapter a day, or even one verse a day will help a lot. I can assure you that you will be more happy and more able to quit that smoking thing. We have a member here who almost died because of how much he was drinking, and it wasn't until he almost saw his dad die from the same thing that he finally decided to stop. But the one thing that helped him most was the Book of Mormon. He testified the other day to an investigator of the power of the Book of Mormon in helping with addictions, and I know that there is no other thing on this Earth that can help more. It would be even better if you started reading it as a family every day like we always tried to do!

Well, I hope you all have a good week! I really enjoyed the pictures! I love you all!

-Elder Hopper #1


No comments:

Post a Comment