Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013

Hello family and friends!

 This week we had A LOT of changes. It was a very interesting week. 

Remember how I said I didn't get transferred? Yeah, I didn't on Monday. But then on Tuesday night I got a phone call from President Prieto. He told me I would be participating in the Zone Leader conference the next day and that I had to be in the office at 8AM the next morning with all my stuff packed up. So I packed up all my stuff, and went to the office the next morning. Where the zone leaders who were in my area that I am now learned that they were being transferred. They had no idea. So they had to go back home and get all packed and everything then come back to Ribeirão Preto where they were then taken to their new areas. But then my new companion, Elder Kevin (used to be Elder Davis), had to renew his VISA. So we waited until Friday to leave. Then we got a bus at 6:30 at night to our new area, Recanto in the zone São João da Boa Vista. Which is conveniently the coldest zone of the whole mission! This morning it was like 65 outside when we woke up! Chilly!

So I got to say goodbye to everyone in Irajá and all that. It was quite sad because I didn't want to leave that area, but that's okay. Now I've got some new challenges with new people and a new area! Should be fun! Both Elder Kevin and I are excited and we'll definitely have a good time here. We're pretty sure that we'll both stay here and therefore be sent to the new mission. Less than two months until the mission splits!

Anyways, that's about all that happened. We didn't have much time to work this week considering we got into our area on Friday night late. But this week should be fantastic! Lots of finding new people and knocking doors!

Have a great week! Love you all!

-Elder Hopper #1 

No comments:

Post a Comment