Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Our First Letter! December 29th, 2011

Mother and Father,
Jut got done with my second day.  It was quite long and I'm really ready to get to sleep.  My companion is Elder Welch. He's from St. George, UT and is 20 already.  The food has been pretty bad except for dinner tonight where I had chicken fried steak.
My foot now has a pretty gnarly look and smell to it. (He just discovered a pretty big plantar's wart a couple of days before he left!).  I tried to pull some of the warts out, but the tweezers I have are garbage.  Could you send some good tweezers along with some fingernail and toenail clippers?
The Portugese is coming along nicely already.  Our teacher, Brother Owens, is really cool and I enjoy the way he teaches.  It reminds me a lot of the way Mrs. Mumford taught at Century.
I need to know a couple of things.  Did you ever get my electronic visa and send it in?  The card that shows my yellow fever vaccine date that you photocopied and sent with me, I need that.  Is it at home? 
Well, I think that's everything.  I'll write some more when I have more to write about. 
Love you guys,
Elder Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment